All,
I posted the following PR for this issue:
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1637
<https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1637>

Basically this PR does two things.
1.  It creates a boolean column called is_corrupt and
2.  If the PCAP file has a corrupt row, it marks that row as corrupt by setting
is_corrupt to true and keeps going

WIth the example from Giovanni, I was able to find 590 or so corrupt rows out
of 7000 in that PCAP file.  It was late and I don’t know if that was what ti
was supposed to find, but it worked and was able to query that.   If you guys
could send a few more examples, I’d like to test this on other files to make
sure it works with them.  We’re also going to have to do the same thing for the
PCAP-NG format I would assume.