I am pretty sure it is, within the bounds of what is already there.

You kind of suggested one way yourself. On each rule row, have an extra
action (which you can hide if you like) that changes a value to stop the
"default" from firing.

>From the sounds of it, you are imagining a switch statement, which means you
are looking at top to bottom operation. If you only want one rule to fire,
and then the rules to stop processing, you can achieve all this by simply
having a rule with no conditions applying (not sure if that is what you
want).