HI, I am new to Drools (and rule engine in general). I was trying to
write a very simple rule but was stuck. I hope someone here can help
me with my questions:

1. How do I write a condition such that it is a comparison between two
(or more) columns of a fact? For example,

rule "BuyWhenMarketPriceAndVolumeMatchesRule"
       when
               offer : StockOffer( price >= simpleMovingAverage )
       then
               offer.setAction(StockOffer.Action.ACTION_BUY);
end

where price and simpleMovingAverage are both attributes of the
StockOffer object.

2. How do I compare between a BigDecimal and a literal numeral? For example,

rule "BuyWhenMarketPriceAndVolumeMatchesRule"
       when
               offer : StockOffer( price >= 90 )
       then
               offer.setAction(StockOffer.Action.ACTION_BUY);
end

where price is a java.math.BigDecimal.

3. How do I "pass" variables into the working memory so that it can be
used for rule conditions? For example:

rule "BuyWhenMarketPriceAndVolumeMatchesRule"
       when
               offer : StockOffer( price >= $someVariableSetInWorkingMemory )
       then
               offer.setAction(StockOffer.Action.ACTION_BUY);
end

where $someVariableSetInWorkingMemory is a variable passed into the
working memory.

Please let me know if some of my questions doesn't make sense in a
rule engine...

Thanks
Charles

--