Well, Unfortunately I have toi keep ALL facts in memory (At least for now...)
Good to know about "from" feature. It will save a lot of assertions.

Anyway, I think bringing this situation (Huge amount assertions) to discussion is important once we can always find ways to improve drools and software that uses drools.

I am currently trying out the drools trunk , but having problems with ShadowFacts creation...Once they are solved, I believe we went one step further, and I will let you know.

From: Michael Neale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: sexta-feira, 10 de novembro de 2006 11:04
To: user@drools.codehaus.org
Subject: Re: [drools-user] Some thoughts about drools

sounds a little like even stream processing (which is somethign we are looking at supporting more directly in the near future).

If you don't need to keep ALL the facts in WM at once, then it will make things much much easier.

In 3.2, we will have a "from" feature, which means you could keep some of the data external, and only pull it in (via a query) when needed (which is what databases excel at), and keep the asserted dataset much smaller.