From: Edson Tirelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@drools.codehaus.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2007 5:34:45 PM
Subject: Re: [drools-user] drools load time.

   I think someone worked on a XSL to transform 2.x XML files into 3.x
ones, BUT if you do that, you don't get most of the performance benefits
of the new version. The reason is that there is no automatic way to
convert old <java:condition> elements into field constraints... only in
evals().
   It requires investments, and it is not always easy/viable for
companies, but the best solution is indeed to convert the XML rules into
the new DRL language.

   Have you seen that?

http://markproctor.blogspot.com/2006/11/rush-hour-and-content-based-routing.html

   It is a customer case with a performance benchmark between drools 2.5
and 3.0 (3.2 is even faster). It may help to justify such investment...

   []s
   Edson

Joel G. Rivera-González wrote:

> you know what...right now i was looking for a way to migrate from 2.x
> rules to 3.0 rules...
> problem is that my system have 2.4 megs of rules in different xml files...
> i want to give a try to drools 3.0 but i need to know the differences
> between 2.x and 3.x (how to write, load and call the rules)...
> i know that if i mention the performance they will go for it...
>
> any ideas?
>

> > Joel G. Rivera-Gonzalez
> PRT
>
> "The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes
> the other 90% of the time" - Murphy's Law

Edson Tirelli