Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to have 100 mappers. Thus you
need to apply the .setParallelism() after .map()

> addSource(myFileSource).rebalance().map(myFileMapper).setParallelism(100)

The order of commands you used, set the dop for the source to 100 (which
might be ignored, if the provided source function "myFileSource" does
not implements "ParallelSourceFunction" interface). The dop for the
mapper should be the default value.

Using .rebalance() is absolutely correct. It distributes the emitted
tuples in a round robin fashion to all consumer tasks.

-Matthias