In case of rebalance(), all sources start the round-robin partitioning at
index 0. Since each source emits only very few elements, only the first 15
mappers receive any input.
It would be better to let each source start the round-robin partitioning at
a different index, something like startIdx = (numReceivers / numSenders) *
myIdx.

In case of shuffle(), the ShufflePartitioner initializes Random() without a
seed (the current time is taken).
However, the ShufflePartitioner is only initialized once at the client side
(if I see that correctly) and then the same instance is deserialized by all
operators, i.e., all use random number generators with the same seed.

I think, the StreamPartitioner class should be extended with a
configuration / initialize method which is called on each parallel operator.

Btw, it is working with a parallelism 1 source, because only a single
source partitions (round-robin or random) the data.
Several sources do not assign work to the same few mappers.

Cheers, Fabian