Hi Robert,

I had a job failure yesterday with what I believe is the setup I have
described above. However when trying to reproduce now, the behavior is the
same: Flink waiting for resources to become available. So no hard error.

Ok, the looping makes sense then. I haven't thought about shared setups.
I'm still figuring out how all parameters play together, i.e. -yn, -yjm,
-ytm and the memory limits in yarn-site.xml. This will need some testing
and I'll come back with a proper description once I think I know what's
going on.

When running Flink on YARN, is it easily possible to place the Flink JM
where the YARN Resource Manager sits, and all the TMs with the remaining
Node Managers?

Robert

--
My GPG Key ID: 336E2680