Hi,
Suppose I have web facing frontend that gets stream of events(http calls). I
need to process event stream and do some aggregations over those events and
write aggregated statistics to Hbase - so far Flink seems as perfect match.
However in some cases event should trigger some alert and frontend needs to
get this alert in synchronous way - here I'm a bit lost. I thought about
some kind of following flow:
frontend -> queue -> flink -> redis(pub/sub)<- frontend

I.e. I have two major use cases - async aggregated analytics/stats computing
and "synchronous" response to frontend. Frontend might be node/play or any
other technology that won't have a problem of "waiting" for the response, so
the only question - how to implement this feedback ?
Might be some kind of Sink?

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Igor