The exception does not show up in the console when I run the job, it only
shows in the logs. I thought it means that it happens either on AM or TM (I
assume what I see in stdout is client log). Is my thinking right?

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Ufuk Celebi <u...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey Timur,
>
> Just had a chat with Robert about this. I agree that the error message
> is confusing, but it is fine it this case. The file system classes are
> not on the class path of the client process, which is submitting the
> job.

Do you mean that classes should be in the classpath of
`org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend` class that `bin/flink` executes? I
tried to add EMRFS jars to this classpath but it did not help. BTW, it
seems that bin/flink script assumes that HADOOP_CLASSPATH is set, which is
not the case in my EMR setup. The HADOOP_CLASSPATH seem to be the only
point that I control here to add to classpath, so I had to set it manually.

> It fails to sample the input file sizes, but this is just an
> optimization step and hence it does not fail the job and only logs the
> error.

Is this optimization only for client side? In other words, does it affect
Flink's ability to choose proper type of a join?

> After the job is submitted everything should run as expected.
>
> You should be able to get rid of that exception by adding the missing
> classes to the class path of the client process (started via
> bin/flink), for example via the lib folder.

The above approach did not work, could you elaborate what you meant by 'lib
folder'?

Thanks,
Timur