O.k., sounds nice; didn't mean to impose: my train of thought was a bit
murky, my apologies for that. Although I had prior experience with JMX, and
none with Yammer, at this moment it is all new again. Cleaning up my
thinking a bit, the following picture, not directly Flink related, comes up.

For production usage a complete export of metrics makes a lot of sense;
assuming that each individual metric is sound. In practice one would start
graphing/monitoring general metrics. In case of an incident, additional
metrics stored in a system could help to explain system behavior, and
provide valuable indicators for tuning or things to come in the future.
This would lead to graphing/monitoring additional metrics.

Cheers.