Hi,
there is no functionality to have asynchronous calls in user functions in
Flink.

The asynchronous action feature in Spark is also not meant for such things,
it is targeted at programs that need to pull all data to the application
master. In Flink this is not necessary because you can specify a whole plan
of operations before executing them.

Cheers,
Aljoscha