I'm looking for a way to avoid thread starvation in my tasks, by returning
future but i don't see how is that possible.

Hence i would like to know, how flink handle the case where in your job you
have to perform network calls (I use akka http or spray) or any IO
operation and use the result of it.

In sparks i see asynchronous action and so on. I don't see any equivalent
in apache flink. How does it works ? is it supported, or the network call
and any io operation have to be synchronous ?

any help, indication, reads and so on would be appreciated