Hi all,
Is there any information out there on how to avoid breaking saved
states/savepoints when making changes to a Flink job and redeploying it?

I want to know how to avoid exceptions like this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to deserialize state handle and
setup initial operator state.
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:551)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
com.me.flink.MyJob$$anon$1$$anon$7$$anon$4

The best information I could find in the docs is here:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/streaming/savepoints.html

Having made the suggested changes to my job (i.e. giving a uid to
every stateful sink and map function), what changes to the
job/topology are then allowed/not allowed?

If I'm 'naming' my states by providing uids, why does Flink need to
look for a specific class, like
com.me.flink.MyJob$$anon$1$$anon$7$$anon$4 ?

Thanks for any advice,

Josh