Also, you're using the FsStateBackend, correct?

Reason I'm asking is that the problem should not occur for the RocksDB
state backend. There, we don't serialize any user code, only binary data. A
while back I wanted to change the FsStateBackend to also work like this.
Now might be a good time to actually do this. :-)