Hi all,

I have a question about allowed lateness semantics and window state. I have
a custom event time trigger that does an early FIRE onElement for a certain
set of conditions and then a FIRE_AND_PURGE onEventTime.

And this has worked great for me. However I now want to add a certain amount
of allowed lateness to this window. My understanding has been that when
TriggerResult.FIRE_AND_PURGE is returned the window will be fully evaluated
and the state cleared. So if a new element shows up in the allowed lateness
time will it be put into a new singleton window and evaluated or does
specifying allowed lateness defer the window purge until after the allowed
lateness has passed?

Put another way, in the illustration below if my window is counting circles
after the red circle is seen will my window output 5 or 1? If I want it to
output 5 do I have to modify my trigger?

Thank you,

Seth Wiesman
<http://apache-flink-user-mailing-list-archive.2336050.n4.nabble.com/file/n9529/14763682863543.png>