I tried increasing the taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers to 4k and later to
8k, i'm not sure if my configuration file is even read, it's stored inside
my IDE as follows:  http://prntscr.com/cx0vrx <http://prntscr.com/cx0vrx>
i build the flink program from the IDE and run it. I created several at
different places to see if that helped but nothing changed on the error.

Afaik i'm using Flink 1.1.2 and Gelly 1.2-snapshot, here's my pom.xml:
http://paste.thezomg.com/19868/41341147/
<http://paste.thezomg.com/19868/41341147/>
I see that the document i linked to points to an older config file, this is
probably because it's the first hit on google, thanks for pointing it out