Yes this is the master branch.
We have not yet forked the 1.3 branch.

And I do not think there is a better way and I
am not sure if there can be. Apart from the
memory leak that is described in the JIRA,
the different NFA’s cannot share any state,
so for each one the associated memory overhead
is inevitable I think. We could potentially further
reduce this overhead, but we cannot eliminate it.

Thanks,
Kostas