I think this would not necessarily be a problem. If the async operation is
directly after the enrichment operation the enriched operations will be
directly forwarded to the async operation. (With a copy step, that can be
disabled by enabling object reuse at the StreamExecutionEnvironment)

Best,
Aljoscha