Hi,

I have just started working with FLINK and I am working on a project which
involves reading KAFKA data and processing it. Following questions came to
my mind:

1. Will FLink-Kafka consumer 0.8x run on multiple task slots or a single
task slot? Basically I mean if its going to be a parallel operation or a
non parallel operation?

2. If its a parallel operation, then do multiple task slots read data from
single kafka partition or multiple kafka partition?

3. If data is read from multiple Kafka partition, then how duplication is
avoided? Is it done from KAFKA or by FLINK?

Rahul Raj