Hi Vishal,

I think you're right! And thanks for looking into this so deeply.

With your last mail your basically saying, that the checkpoint could not be
restored because your HDFS was temporarily down. If Flink had not deleted that
checkpoint it might have been possible to restore it at a later point, right?

Regarding failed checkpoints killing the job: yes, this is currently the
expected behaviour but there are plans to change this.

Best,
Aljoscha