Hi,

I couldn't get flink and kafka working together. It looks like all examples
I tried from web site fails with the following Exception.

org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumerBase

*or when I do something like this like it is in the website*

 val stream = senv.addSource(new FlinkKafkaConsumer08[String]("join_test",
new SimpleStringSchema(), properties)).print()

*I get the following exception*

<console>:73: error: overloaded method value addSource with alternatives:

  [T](function:
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.source.SourceFunction.SourceContext[T]
=> Unit)(implicit evidence$10:
org.apache.flink.api.common.typeinfo.TypeInformation[T])org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.DataStream[T]
<and>

  [T](function:
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.source.SourceFunction[T])(implicit
evidence$9:
org.apache.flink.api.common.typeinfo.TypeInformation[T])org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.DataStream[T]

 cannot be applied to
(org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaConsumer08[String])

       val stream = senv.addSource(new
FlinkKafkaConsumer08[String]("join_test", new SimpleStringSchema(),
properties)).print()

can anyone share a simple example of how to get Kafka Stream as a Table
using scala shell? No need for any fancy schema just needs to print the
value. I am using the latest version of flink 1.41 and my lib folder
containers flink-connector-kafka-0.8_2.11-1.4.1.jar

I wanted to use Kafka 0.9 but that didn't work so I thought let me just get
something working first and downgraded to 0.8 but 0.8 examples on the
website also don't seem to work using scala shell.

Thanks!!