I was just thinking about about letting a coprocessfunction "block" or cause back pressure on one of it's streams?
Has this been discussed as an option?
Does anyone know a way to effectively accomplish this?

I think I could get a lot of mileage out of something like that without needing a full implementation of FLIP-17 (which I would eagerly await still).

As mentioned on another thread, one could use a liststate to buffer the main input until the "side input" was sufficiently processed.  However the downside of this is that I have no way to control the size of those buffers, whereas with backpressure, the system will naturally take care of it.