Hi Averell,

> 1. Neither PURGE nor clear() removes the States (so the States must be
explicitly cleared by the user).
Both PURGE and clear() remove state. The PURGE action removes the window
state, i.e. the aggregate value. The clear() removes the window meta data
including state in Trigger.

> 2. When an event for a window arrives after PURGE has been called, it is
still be processed, and is treated as the first event of that window.
In most cases, the answer is yes. However, there is a chance that the event
is not treated as the first one by the trigger, since PURGE clears the
window state but the window meta data including the Trigger remain.

>  if I know that some keys would never have new events anymore,
should/could I remove those streams corresponding to those keys
Yes. I think we can return FIRE_AND_PURGE.

Best, Hequn