Hi Kostas, Stefan,

The problem doesn't come on all of my builds, so it is a little bit
difficult to track. Are there any specific classes that I can turn DEBUG on
to help in finding the problem? (Turning DEBUG on globally seems too much).
Will try to minimize the code and post it.

One more point that I notice is the error doesn't stay on one single
operator but changes from time to time (even within the same build). For
example, the previous exception I quoted was with a Window operator, while
the one below is with CoStreamFlatMap.

Thanks and best regards,
Averell

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Exception while creating
StreamOperatorStateContext.
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.streamOperatorStateContext(StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.java:192)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator.initializeState(AbstractStreamOperator.java:250)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.initializeState(StreamTask.java:738)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:289)
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:711)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.util.FlinkException: Could not restore keyed
state backend for *CoStreamFlatMap*_68cd726422cf10170c4d6c7fd52ed309_(12/64)
from any of the 1 provided restore options.
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.BackendRestorerProcedure.createAndRestore(BackendRestorerProcedure.java:137)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.keyedStatedBackend(StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.java:279)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.streamOperatorStateContext(StreamTaskStateInitializerImpl.java:133)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected key-group in restore.
        at
org.apache.flink.util.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:195)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.heap.HeapKeyedStateBackend.readStateHandleStateData(HeapKeyedStateBackend.java:475)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.heap.HeapKeyedStateBackend.restorePartitionedState(HeapKeyedStateBackend.java:438)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.heap.HeapKeyedStateBackend.restore(HeapKeyedStateBackend.java:377)
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.heap.HeapKeyedStateBackend.restore(HeapKeyedStateBackend.java:105)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.BackendRestorerProcedure.attemptCreateAndRestore(BackendRestorerProcedure.java:151)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.BackendRestorerProcedure.createAndRestore(BackendRestorerProcedure.java:123)
        ... 7 more