For 1. you need to setup high-availability.jobmanager.port as a predefined
port in your flink-conf.yaml and expose the port via job-manager-deployment
and job-manager-service resources as well. That should do the trick.

For 2. I am not sure of the timelines, but there are a few decent/not hacky
workarounds to get around the problem, mentioned in the comments. Feel free
to pick one to unblock yourselves.

Regards,
Nagarjun

*Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue
that counts. *
*- Winston Churchill - *