I think that effort is put in to have task managers clean up their folders, however I have noticed that in some cases local folders are not cleaned up and can build up, eventually causing problems due to a full disk.  As far as I know this only happens with crashes and other out-of-happy-path scenarios.

I am thinking of writing a script to clean up local folders that runs before task-manager starts between restarts in the case of a crash.

Assuming local recovery is not configured, what should I delete and what should I leave around?

What should I keep if local recovery is configured?

Under the "taskmanager.tmp.dirs" I see:

blobStore-*
flink-dist-cache-*
flink-io-*