Hi Anil,

The reason why we are using Docker is because internally we support
Dockerized container for microservices.

Ideally speaking this can be any external service running on something
other than the actual YARN cluster you Flink application resides. Basically
watchdog runs outside of the Flink cluster: watchdog is designed to capture
failures that is not self-recoverable by YARN/Flink alone, for example a
schema evolution in source/sink; corrupted data that needs to be skipped;
etc. because of this nature, it does not make sense to run it on the same
YARN cluster.

We have enabled HA in Flink's JM now but not at the time of the
presentation.
I CCed Peter who might be able to answer this question better.

Thanks,
Rong