What you'se seeing is likely operator chaining. This is the default
behaviour of grouping sub tasks to avoid transer overhead (from one slot to
another). You can disable chaining if you need to. Please refer task and
operator chains
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/concepts/runtime.html#tasks-and-operator-chains>
.

- Abhishek