Hi John,

I've had a similar requirement, and I've resorted to simply use a static
cache (I'm coding in Scala, so that's a lazy value on a singleton object -
in Java that would be a static value on some utility class, with a
synchronized lazy-loading getter). The value is reloaded after some
duration, which adds a small latency at regular intervals. Keep in mind
that one instance of that value will be loaded on each task manager
(provided that at least one task running on that task manager calls the
getter).

If you're OK with restarting the job when your data changes, it would be
better to load it on start (no need to synchronize stuff). Just load it
inside your job initialization code (it will be executed within the job
manager) and pass that data as a parameter to your operator's constructor.
The data format must be serializable.

Gaël

--
Gaël Renoux