Hi forks,

Recently, our customers ask for a feature configuring remote flink jar. I'd
like to reach to you guys
to see whether or not it is a general need.

ATM Flink only supports configures local file as flink jar via `-yj`
option. If we pass a HDFS file
path, due to implementation detail it will fail with
IllegalArgumentException. In the story we support
configure remote flink jar, this limitation is eliminated. We also make use
of YARN locality so that
reducing uploading overhead, instead, asking YARN to localize the jar on AM
container started.

Besides, it possibly has overlap with FLINK-13938. I'd like to put the
discussion on our
mailing list first.

Are you looking forward to such a feature?

@Yang Wang: this feature is different from that we discussed offline, it
only focuses on flink jar, not
all ship files.

Best,