Thanks @Tison for starting the discussion and sorry for joining so late.

Yes, I think this is a very good idea. we already tweak the flink-yarn
package internally to support something similar to what @Thomas mentioned:
to support registering a Jar that has already uploaded to some DFS
(needless to be the Yarn public cache discussed in FLINK-13938).
The reason is that: we provide our internal packaged extension libraries
for our customers. And we've seen good performance improvement in our YARN
cluster during container localization phase after our customer switch to
use pre-uploaded JARs instead of having to upload every time during
deployment.

Looking forward for this feature!

--
Rong