Hi Shuwen,

As far as I know, Flink can only support checkpoint with a fixed interval.

However I think the flexible mechanism of triggering checkpoint is worth
working on, at least from my perspective. And it may not only be a cron style.
In our business scenario, the data traffic usually reaches the peek of the day
after 20:00, which we want to increase the interval of checkpoint otherwise
it’ll introduce more disk and network IO.

Just want to share something about this :)

Best,

Jiayi Liao