Hi Yun and Congxian,
I would actually want checkpoint to avoid being triggered on a certain
time. It still remains as system mechanism just avoid being triggered at a
certain range of time.
Waiting for the checkpoint to timeout still waste CPU&disk IO resources
since it was being triggered. I would like it to avoid from being triggered
at first.
I suppose use a cron style would not break checkpoint's system mechanism.
Savepoint, on the other hand, is not incremental update, trigger a
savepoint every 10 mins will waste a lot of disk and another script is
required to remove outdated savepoint. I suppose savepoint is being used in
upgrade/restart scenario.
A cron style checkpoint time config will provide a lot flexibility. Thanks.