Hi,

the serializers are created from TypeInformation. So you can simply inspect the type information. E.g. by using this in the Scala API:

val typeInfo = createTypeInformation[MyClassToAnalyze]

And going through the object using a debugger.

Actually, I don't understand why scala.Tuple2 is treat as a generic type. The problem might be that an outer class is treated as a Java POJO thus you are leaving the Scala type analyzer stack and switch to Java anlayzer stack for fields (currently there is no way back). For improving the performance, you have 3 options:

1. Make sure every type is a proper Scala type (all case classes, no POJOs).

2. Use the @TypeInfo annotation for specifying a factory. This has highest precedence in all APIs.

3. Register a Kryo serializer in the execution config. This might be the easiest way.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Timo