Von: "Stephan Ewen" <se...@apache.org>
An: "dev" <d...@flink.apache.org>, "user" <user@flink.apache.org>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020 11:11:43
Betreff: [DISCUSS] Drop Savepoint Compatibility with Flink 1.2

Hi all!
For some cleanup and simplifications, it would be helpful to drop Savepoint
compatibility with Flink version 1.2. That version was released almost three
years ago.

I would expect that no one uses that old version any more in a way that they
actively want to upgrade directly to 1.11.

Even if, there is still the way to first upgrade to another version (like 1.9)
and then upgrade to 1.11 from there.

Any concerns to drop that support?

Best,
Stephan

--
SCOOP Software GmbH - Gut Maarhausen - Eiler Straße 3 P - D-51107 Köln
Theo Diefenthal

T +49 221 801916-196 - F +49 221 801916-17 - M +49 160 90506575
theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de - www.scoop-software.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln, Handelsregister: Köln,
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 36625
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Oleg Balovnev, Frank Heinen,
Martin Müller-Rohde, Dr. Wolfgang Reddig, Roland Scheel