Hi Lei,

Are you trying a regular left join query?

Non-time-based operators (e.g. regular join in your case) will emit result
when input is not complete,
the result will be updated when more inputs come in (by emitting
upsert/retract messages).
But time-based operators (e.g. windowed aggregate, interval join) can emit
final result because it will wait input to be complete (by watermark),
thus it can produce append-only stream.

Maybe you can try to update your query to interval join [1] (called
time-windowed join in docs currently) to get an append result.

Best,
Jark

[1]:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/dev/table/sql/queries.html#joins