Just looked into the source code a bit further and realized that for
StreamTableEnvironmentImpl, even for sinks it's also doing translation lazily.
Any way we can have different transformation to have different queryConfig?
________________________________
From: Jiahui Jiang <qzhzm173...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 6:46 PM
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Setting different idleStateRetentionTime for different queries
executed in the same TableEnvironment in Flink 1.10

Hello! I'm using Table API to write a pipeline with multiple queries. And I
want to set up different idleStateRetentionTime for different queries.

In Flink 1.8, it seems to be the case where I can pass in a streamQueryConfig
when converting each output table into datastreams. And the translate with take
the idleStateRetentionTime into account.

But in Flink 1.10, that idleStateRetentionTime actually gets set on TableConfig
and applies to the tableEnvironment.

Is there a way to have different idleStateRetentionTime for different queries
in 1.10?

I saw tableEnvironment.insertInto(sink, queryConfig) still allows eager
translate. But does that mean if I have multiple sinks for the same datastream
with different idleStateRetentionTime(s) configuration, that will cause the
transformation to be executed multiple times?

Thank you!