To further add to this problem, I've now got our ops team to set
transaction.max.timeout.ms on our Kafka brokers to 1 hour (as suggested by
the Flink docs). However the problem persists and I'm still getting
the same error message.
I've confirmed that this config setting is actually set on the Kafka
brokers as well to rule out any mistakes there.

Best,
Tim