Hi,

We're using the Rocks state backend with incremental checkpoints and
savepoints setup for S3. We notice that every time we trigger a savepoint,
one of the local disks on our host explodes in disk usage.
What is it that savepoints are doing which would cause so much disk to be
used?
Our checkpoints are a few GiB in size, is the savepoint combining all the
checkpoints together at once on disk?
I figured that incremental checkpoints would compact over time in the
background, is that correct?

Thanks

Graph here. Parallelism is 1 and volume size is 256 GiB.

Rex Fenley  |  Software Engineer - Mobile and Backend

Remind.com <https://www.remind.com/> |  BLOG <http://blog.remind.com/>
US <https://twitter.com/remindhq>  |  LIKE US
<https://www.facebook.com/remindhq>