Our first big test run we wanted to eliminate as many variables as
possible, so this is on 1 machine with 1 task manager and 1 parallelism.
The machine has 4 disks though, and as you can see, they mostly all use
around the same space for storage until a savepoint is triggered.

Could it be that given a parallelism of 1, certain operator's states are
pinned to specific drives and as it's doing compaction it's moving
everything over to that drive into a single file?
In which case, would greater parallelism distribute the work more evenly?

Thanks!