Hi,

Sorry, I don't know. I've heard that this kind of pattern is discouraged by
Confluent. At least it used to be.

Maybe someone else from the community will be able to help from his
experience, however keep in mind that under the hood Flink is just simply
using KafkaConsumer and KafkaProducer provided by Apache Kafka project.
Only in a distributed fashion. You might have better luck trying to find an
answer on Kafka user mailing list, or searching how to tune Kafka to work
with hundreds of topics or how to solve timeout problems.

Unless this is a well known and common issue, you will need to dig out more
information on your own. Maybe for starters try investigating if the
problem is caused by overloading Kafka clients running in Flink, or whether
the problem is in overloaded Kafka brokers. Start with standard Java things
like:
- cpu overloaded
- memory pressure/GC pauses
- machines swapping
- blocking disk IO (iostat)
- single thread overloaded
- network issues?

Once you identify the source of the problem, it will be easier to find a
solution. But again, most likely you will find your answer quicker asking
on Kafka mailing lists.

Best,
Piotrek

pon., 1 mar 2021 o 18:01 Claude M <claudemur...@gmail.com> napisaƂ(a):