What is it you're trying to achieve in general? The JavaDoc of
MetadataV2V3SerializerBase provides a description on the format of the
file. Theoretically, you could come up with custom code using the Flink
sources to parse the content of the file. But maybe, there's another way to
accomplish what you're trying to do.

Matthias

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/adaaed426c2e637b8e5ffa3f0d051326038d30aa/flink-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/checkpoint/metadata/MetadataV2V3SerializerBase.java#L83