Hi all!

I'm looking for a way to write to different Kafka topics based on some
column value in SQL.

I think it's possible with Java, using KafkaSerializationSchema,
and ProducerRecord(topic, ...), but I was wondering if I could somewhat
access that feature in SQL.

I'm also trying to evaluate the amount of work required so that I implement
it myself, subclassing the Kafka SQL connector just to add that feature.

Another alternative for me is to try to preprocess the SQL, detect Kafka
Sinks, force a DataStream conversion, then replace the Kafka SQL sink with
an equivalent DataStream that has the topic routing. (but this feels rather
brittle and maintenance-hard to me, rather than having the option in the
SQL sink configuration)

All comments/opinions/advice welcome!
Cheers
Ben