If logs are not helping, I think the remaining option is to attach a
debugger [1]. I'd probably add a breakpoint to
LegacySourceFunctionThread#run and see what happens. If the issue is in
recovery, you should add a breakpoint to StreamTask#beforeInvoke.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Remote+Debugging+of+Flink+Clusters

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Igal Shilman <i...@ververica.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> Any additional logs from before are highly appreciated, this would help us
> to trace this issue.
> By the way, do you see something in the JobManager's UI?
>
> On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 9:06 AM Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzuli...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Timothy,
>>
>> It would indeed be hard to figure this out without any stack traces.
>>
>> Have you tried changing to debug level logs? Maybe you can also try using
>> the StateFun Harness to restore and run your job in the IDE - in that case
>> you should be able to see which code exactly is throwing this exception.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Gordon
>>
>> On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 12:39 PM Timothy Bess <tdbga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just checking to see if anyone has experienced this error. Might just be
>>> a Flink thing that's irrelevant to statefun, but my job keeps failing over
>>> and over with this message:
>>>
>>> 2021-05-28 03:51:13,001 INFO
>>> org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaProducer [] -
>>> Starting FlinkKafkaInternalProducer (10/10) to produce into default
>>> topic __stateful_functions_random_topic_lNVlkW9SkYrtZ1oK
>>> 2021-05-28 03:51:13,001 INFO
>>> org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.internal.