Oh wow that Harness looks cool, I'll have to take a look at that.

Unfortunately the JobManager UI seems to just show this:
[image: image.png]

Though it does seem that maybe the source function is where the failure is
happening according to this?
[image: image.png]

Still investigating, but I do see a lot of these logs:
2021-05-28 14:25:09,199 WARN
 org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.sink.TwoPhaseCommitSinkFunction
[] - Transaction KafkaTransactionState [transactionalId=feedback-union ->
functions -> Sink:
bluesteel-kafka_egress-egress-dd0a6f77c8b5eccd4b7254cdfd577ff9-39,
producerId=2062, epoch=2684] has been open for 55399128 ms. This is close
to or even exceeding the transaction timeout of 900000 ms.

Seems like it's restoring some old kafka transaction? Not sure. I like
Arvid's idea of attaching a debugger, I'll definitely give that a try.