Thank you, I figured it out.  My IAM policy was missing some actions.  Seems I
needed to give it “*” for it to work.

From: Tamir Sagi <tamir.s...@niceactimize.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 6:02 AM
To: Yang Wang <danrtsey...@gmail.com>, Kurtis Walker
<kurtis.wal...@sugarcrm.com>
Cc: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Using s3 bucket for high availability
EXTERNAL EMAIL

I'd try several things

try accessing the bucket from CLI first locally

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/s3/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/s3/__;!!P-5o2buULA!ikuTnxz7WokLw3i01LLcfzTCotpOR_X8C1JeQCzn6GXy27JaINvj73X0aDQYzFg0GDxn$>

If it does not work
please check your credentials under ~/.aws/credentials file + ~/.aws/config =
since the AWS clients read the credentials from these files by default(unless
other credentials are set)

If everything works well:

  1.  Are you running inside EKS? if so, you must attach the pods a service
account with corresponded permissions to S3.
  2.  If not,  make sure the pods have the credentials to AWS(access key,
secret key, region)
Please provide more code snippet.

I recently ran Flink job on Application cluster in EKS. the job also reads
files from S3. (Without HA)

Tamir

[https://my-email-signature.link/signature.gif?u=1088647&e=157997735&v=61757801dda4474f1dcdec8227f1c40523846082fd5a0e52f68e63cfd6b92721]