I'm glad that you managed to work it out.

As far as I understand, without specifying the `taskmanager.host`, Task
Manager would try to automatically detect what host/ip address should be
advertised to the Job Manager, using which JM can connect to TM. I don't
know what is your network setup, what are the local network cards, firewall
or routing settings, but either of those can lead to some connection
issues. For example your local machine not being accessible via using
127.0.0.1, but "localhost" working fine. This automatically detected
address is logged in the TM logs "TaskManager will use hostname/address
'{}' ({}) for communication", so if it matters to you, you can check what
was the detected address without specifying `taskmanager.host`, and try to
workout what's wrong with it. But it's most likely not a Flink issue.

Best,
Piotrek