Hi Shawn
Currently Flink can not trigger the sp at the end of the input. An
alternative way might be that you need to develop a customized source,
which triggers a savepoint when it notices that all the input split has
been handled.
Or you could see the state process api[1], which might be helpful.

Thanks for your sharing but I have another little question:
I think you need to process all the historical events to rebuild the
correct state. So there might be no gain even if you periodically create a
savepoint. So why did you need to "rebuild" the state periodically? Do I
miss something?

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/libs/state_processor_api/

Best,