Hi Shawn,

You could also take a look at the hybrid source[1]

Best,

Dawid

[1]https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/connectors/datastream/hybridsource/

On 26/01/2022 08:39, Guowei Ma wrote:
Hi Shawn
Currently Flink can not trigger the sp at the end of the input. An alternative way might be that you need to develop a customized source, which triggers a savepoint when it notices that all the input split has been handled.
Or you could see the state process api[1], which might be helpful.

Thanks for your sharing but I have another little question:
I think you need to process all the historical events to rebuild the correct state. So there might be no gain even if you periodically create a savepoint. So why did you need to "rebuild" the state periodically? Do I miss something?

[1] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/libs/state_processor_api/

Best,
Guowei